Our HSP Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone been to Galveston TX? Might be visiting briefly...

2 posters

Go down

Has anyone been to Galveston TX? Might be visiting briefly... Empty Has anyone been to Galveston TX? Might be visiting briefly...

Post by citygal Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm

I might be planning a very brief day trip to Galveston TX (Monday before Thanksgiving) on my way to visit relatives for Thanksgiving week. I just checked out the website and honestly it looks quite commercial and possibly expensive. I just wanted a simple self-guided walking tour or just to walk around and explore and maybe take a walk along the beach. And maybe a seafood meal, altho that would probably be quite pricey, but H loves seafood so might have to relent and spend money. There are so many seafood restos, how to choose something that's not fancy and touristy but still good? And how to get there - in the past I heard there was a special train from Houston, but now cannot find anything so perhaps it no longer exists, which means will probably have to drive 50 mi from Houston after driving hundreds of miles from home. But in the many times I've driven to TX to visit these relatives have never once been to Galveston (or Houston, for that matter) and might enjoy the side trip.

So if you've ever been there or have any knowledge about it, your comments are appreciated. Thanks!
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been to Galveston TX? Might be visiting briefly... Empty Re: Has anyone been to Galveston TX? Might be visiting briefly...

Post by fatkattykat Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:14 pm

I'll be in Houston November 21 - 28 visiting family. I have never been to Galveston, so I do not know of any restaurants or what it is like. Sorry I cannot be more help.
fatkattykat
fatkattykat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum