Our HSP Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to post Photos

+3
citygal
Safari
Sunflowerpixie
7 posters

Go down

How to post Photos Empty How to post Photos

Post by Sunflowerpixie Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 am

I seem to have forgotten and nothing seemed to work when I tried here. If I remember correctly you have to have a photobucket site or something like that?

Sunflowerpixie
Sunflowerpixie

Back to top Go down

How to post Photos Empty Re: How to post Photos

Post by Safari Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:27 am

Are you trying to post one of your own photos, Sunflowerpixie? If so, then yes, I believe you have to first upload it to something like Photobucket and then copy and paste the link to here. If it's a web photo you're trying to upload, you should be able to just copy and paste the url here, and then highlight it and enclose it as an IMG (I haven't tried it yet on this forum, but I think it's the little picture icon above the reply box). Will give it a go now, actually...

How to post Photos Flowers

Ok, that one was from the web...and I did it by first clicking on the image icon above (there are two - use the one on the right. The one on the left seems to bring up a secondary window that then won't go away...unless that's just my computer), and then pasting the url into the little box that appears, and then clicking 'ok'.

I was going to try one of my own as well, but my Photobucket account keeps crashing. :/ Maybe I'll try again later.
Safari
Safari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflowerpixie Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Safari,

Yes I was trying to post one of my own photos from my computer. I will have to see if I can find my photobucket account.
Sunflowerpixie
Sunflowerpixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunflowerpixie Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank you Safari. I did it!! Very Happy
Sunflowerpixie
Sunflowerpixie

Back to top Go down

Post by citygal Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Can anyone help me get my photo uploaded to here? I'm still unsuccessfully trying to use it as my avatar or even just to attach within a post. It's a recent photo taken from a phone and emailed to me as an attachment. It appears that I've saved it to my downloads and to photos, but cannot get it to upload to Photobucket; when I browse I cannot find it in any of my directories. It's in jpeg format and seems to be zip as well, if that makes any difference. Thanks to anyone who can help.
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatkattykat Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm

I have not used Photobucket in a while. Assuming you are on a PC,,,Is there a way you can choose All Files from the File Type drop down menu?

How to post Photos Choose+file+to+upload

Your Downloads folder is usually listed under your Name...e.g. c:\Username\Downloads or your user folder on your Desktop. For Windows Vista and up, your Photos / Pictures are usually listed under the Library folder on your desktop.

Hope this helps.
fatkattykat
fatkattykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Fri May 31, 2013 6:04 am

Gah, I am embarrassed to admit this as an admin of this forum but I could not get a (personal) photo to upload here the last time I tried. So I gave up. I don't really understand what jpeg and zip are either. If I manage to figure it out, I'll let you know, citygal. Maybe FKK is on to something...(although I use a Mac so am not really sure how Windows works).

Safari
Safari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by citygal Fri May 31, 2013 8:13 am

I'm going to try again over the weekend to upload some recent photos to my computer then try to upload them into Photobucket and do whatever needs to be done so that they'll upload here. Right now I can't even manage to upload my one photo into Photobucket to work with it to get it uploaded here. It strangely does not appear in my directories when Photobucket prompts me to browse. (I use a PC.)

Am I the only one who has these problems? Although I'm not a tech genius, I'm not a complete dolt either.

I had this same problem with uploading photos here with my old computer - could not get it into the right format apparently - but was sort of hoping maybe it would be successful with this computer.

Anyway, I'll try again over the weekend.
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Post by citygal Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:49 am

I did it, I did it, I finally did it! I successfully worked with my photo - problem was, it was in a zip file and needed to be converted to another format in order to upload it to Photobucket and upload it here to change my avatar in my profile. Now I just have to remember to delete the signature that it's Paget Brewster because now it's actually me. Wow do I ever have a feeling of accomplishment - finally!
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckwheat Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:13 am

citygal wrote:I did it, I did it, I finally did it!

And YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!

Padget Brewster is going to steal your photo.
Buckwheat
Buckwheat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi- Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:42 am

Hi CG! Nice to 'see' you! Great picture, and good job with figuring it all out. Very Happy
Kathi-
Kathi-
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Very Happy thumb up Yay citygal!! I'm so glad that you were able to upload a photo! And it's so nice to see a photo of you and know what you look like after all these years! That is a fantastic photo... I love your smile. Smile Very genuine. Hehe I giggled about deleting the Paget Brewster photo. Wink
Luna
Luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Wow, CG, that is a lovely photo of you! I'm so glad you were able to figure it out! As the others have said, it's awesome to 'see' you! Very Happy
Safari
Safari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by citygal Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks, everyone. After all these years I thought it was about time to show up. I would have done it sooner had I been able to figure out the tech issues. Plus I don't take pictures very often which is why I wanted to share this one that turned out pretty well and is the most recent photo I've had in years.
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatkattykat Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Wow, CG you look AMAZING! So nice to finally put a face to the name Very Happy.
fatkattykat
fatkattykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down