Our HSP Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC?

5 posters

Go down

Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC? Empty Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC?

Post by citygal Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 am

Goodness, don't you guys get a break up there? Hope it isn't too bad. Stay warm. If it gives you any hope, after a pretty cold day today (front came through yesterday) it's expected to warm up and be quite beautiful starting this Friday - 60s/70ish and sunny. I'm just holding on till then. I guess this year March really is coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb. Sure hope so.
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC? Empty Re: Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC?

Post by fatkattykat Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 pm

It did not hit DC nearly as hard as they expected. I got maybe 2" tops, but it was nice to have a snow day. We have not had that much snow this year, and many of the significant weather events tend to miss DC and go elsewhere.
fatkattykat
fatkattykat

Back to top Go down

Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC? Empty Re: Yet another snowstorm heading for Washington DC?

Post by Buckwheat Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:17 am

We are getting socked. Not that the snow is that bad 8 inches... it is just that it is right during the commute. I think this is probably the last storm (I Hope) what bothers me is that every storm lately seems to be a "mega" storm that looks like a hurricane. It is very possible that the ocean front of the state is going to change forever if we get anymore of these.
Buckwheat
Buckwheat

Back to top Go down

Post by awaken Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 am

We lucked out this time got about 2 inches but like You said a messy commute today . Good luck be carefull !
awaken
awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by citygal Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

What was that thing I saw on the Weather Channel named Saturn that was headed for the Norfolk area? What type of storm was it? Did it ever turn into anything?

It may give you guys hope to know that here in the Sunny South the weekend is predicted to be 60s and sunny, possibly close to 70. I'm already seeing beautiful sunshine out my window and hearing the birds singing and it's only 8:55 a.m.
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckwheat Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Now I am pissed. I lugged myself into work... drove my car to the trains under the promise that the snow was going to taper off.

Whattt happened? I didn't. Now they are upping the totals and we are looking at 24 inches of snow that I will have to get home in. If I can at all because usually this high of a snow total makes the trains stop running.
WHY do I keep listening to them?
Buckwheat
Buckwheat

Back to top Go down

Post by citygal Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 pm

That's bad news about the 24 inches, BW. I feel your pain. I hope you can get home okay. You just can't predict the weather. A few weeks ago I made a unilateral decision to cancel a group meeting because I bought the serious and dire warnings about closings, etc. and it never did anything at all. I was mad because I enjoy my weekly group and I could have kicked myself that I made the decision to cancel.
citygal
citygal

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckwheat Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:54 pm

citygal wrote:That's bad news about the 24 inches, BW. I feel your pain. I hope you can get home okay. You just can't predict the weather.

Apparently -- I did make it home but we did get 24 inches and, it started raining this afternoon. Do you know what it is like to shovel 16 inches after rain fell on it? Ugh my back my back!
I need sun, City how is your couch? Smile
Buckwheat
Buckwheat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 am

I'm glad you made it home okay BW!! Heavy rain-sodden snow is the worst to shovel! Take it easy, it's really easy to injure yourself. People also can get heart attacks from over-exertion.

Yes, it seems like the north-eastern US has really gotten whalloped by winter this year. It's definitely time for Spring!!! flower Umbrella
Luna
Luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum